Saturday, July 10, 2010

Random Talent

So, my friend Laura is going to live in Guatemala next year and she decided she wanted dreadlocks. She enlisted my help and since we've been doing random things for years, it was only natural that I help. I found that I am quite the "dreader" so if you're ever interested here is how to do it:) (we acquired our knowledge by watching you tube)
STEP 1:
Start with a lovely head of hair that might or might not have been washed in a couple of weeks and might or might not have been brushed out in longer than that.

STEP 2:
Section hair into a million sections and rubberband. All about 1 inch.

STEP 3:
Begin to twist sections of hair (an here's where my talent kicks in) and rat the mess out of it with a fine tooth comb.

STEP 4:
After twisting and ratting, roll sections of hair in your hands and coat with wax. The wax is water resistant and therefore very hard to remove from your hands...but we found our hands were very soft:)


STEP 5:
Cut out million of rubber bands

And there you have it!

1 comment:

Christy said...

You Tube...what an amazing contribution it makes to so many lives. ;o)