Hey Guys! Some of you may already know this...but September 24, Chili's is donating their profits to St. Jude's Children Research Hospital! On top of eating, you can get a shirt with a donation and/or donate by creating a pepper! It is a great way to help out and all you have to do is go have good food! So if you can...get to a Chili's SEPTEMBER 24!
Here are some pictures of my classroom and some of what our football program looks like. I'm teaching technology education and coaching the 8th grade football team. It has been really busy so far and I'm looking forward to our first scrimmage on the 18th! I hope this gives you guys some sort of idea of what I'm doing down here. See ya!
The Game of Tag about your MAN: 1. Who is your man? Shane...Shwane (when I want something)...Shane-o-Mac (from college).
2. How long have you been together? 5 years - married 4
3. How long dated? About 9 months
4. How old is your man? 25
5. Who eats more? Sadly, I am guilty of consuming more (depressing)!
6. Who said "I love you" first? He did. He was going in for surgery, I think he was scared:)
7. Who is taller? Well, I'm 5'3'' and he's 6'3''
8. Who sings better? ME:) He won't let me hear him sing. Sometimes I act like I'm asleep in the car and I almost hear him.
9. Who is smarter? Unfair question
10. Who's temper is worse? Shane's FOR SURE!
11. Who does the laundry? We both do, however; though I love his help many of my things could now fit a 2 year old perfect:)
12. Who takes out the garbage? Usually Shane
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? If you're looking at the bed, I sleep on the right. He sleeps on the left near the door so if someone breaks in they'll get him first (horrible I know!)
14. Who pays the bills? Shane
15. Who is better with the computer? Shane, if he doesn't know how to do something, he will figure it out!
16. Who mows the lawn? Don't have a yard
17. Who cooks dinner? I do most of the time because I love it, but he makes the occasional chili cheese dog...yum yum!!
18. Who drives when you are together? Him...I hate driving!
19. Who pays when you go out? Usually him
20. Who is most stubborn? It's a toss up
21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Shane because I give a killer silent treatment:)
22. Whose parents do you see the most? Mine
23. Who kissed who first? Have you met Shane??? I kissed him first.
24. Who asked who out? I stalked him. I would call from a guys phone and say, Boys are playing video games over here, they want you to come over. He would get there and they would say "Hey! What are you doing?" I would say, "You told me to call him"
25. Who proposed? He did and he's reading along as I am typing and he said it was crap.
26. Who is more sensitive? I am about most things
27. Who has more friends? me
28. Who has more siblings? Well that's complicated. We both have one sibling and then he has a step-brother and step-sister
29. Who wears the pants in the family? I kind of think I do (love you Shane!!!!!!!)
I had just touched some sting rays! I was very excited...I yanked my hand out of the tank several times before I actually did it so I wanted to document the occasion! Sarah was scared and a germ-a-phob (sp?) so she wouldn't touch them. We bought these really cool shark mask:) People thought we were crazy wearing them, but they proved a good time for us! This little girl came up to us and said, "Where did you get those?" We sadly had to tell her we got the last one:) We're so mean
After seeing this, I will be doing some heavy duty thinking before jumping into lakes with these suckers! I'm thinking this could cause some major damage! Da Da...Sharks are my favorite!!! I didn't miss a single Shark Week program on the Discovery Channel this summer! So the shark tank was the best! It was huge and it went all the way around and over your head. They even had cut-outs in the floor where they were swimming under your feet, I was a little uneasy about walking over those because little kids were jumping on them. They also had these huge (200-450 lb) sea turtles and when this shark swam under him, he slapped him with his fin...funny. Look at the teeth on this dude! C-R-A-Z-Y! AND you could scuba dive in the tanks with these things at 6YEARS OLD. I don't know who in their right mind would let their 6 year old do that???
So...I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE going to aquariums (I am aware I am a dork). I have asked every year to go to the Dallas aquarium for my birthday, but Daddy isn't interested. Well, while I was in Denver, Sarah took me to the aquarium. SO MUCH FUN! I acted like a crazy person! I was so excited running around and reading the information about the fish. It was great and it had more things than just fish because you "traveled" to different parts of the world and they included other animals that would be in the habitat also.
I took about 100 pictures there (I think Sarah got embarrassed) so I tried to narrow it down.
Okay...so I just got back from spending Labor Day weekend in Denver, CO with Sarah. We had SO much FUN!!! It has been such a long time since we have been able to spend time with just the two of us and it was great! We had lots of good talks and LOTS of laughs! Here are a few pictures of us. Sarah will kill me when she sees the first one. We were coming back from eating and I got major blisters walking on the way, so on the way back she offered to give me a piggy back ride. Apparently, I am a little heavier than she thought because with every step, she kept getting closer and closer to the ground. I was trying to capture the moment, but it didn't work so well. Eventually I had to tough it out because she was huffing and puffing:)...Then we decided to take it back to BHS by doing a little two bits (I know we're cool). This is us watching the Railbenders. On Sunday, we went to Red Rock...It was absolutely gorgeous! We climbed 400 stairs to the top but it was worth it! It was so pretty over looking Denver.